Breast Augmentation Revision Los Angeles
Also known as breast implant replacement
Breast implant revision surgery, which commonly involves removal and/or replacement of saline or silicone breast implants, is performed to change the size or type of your implants and to correct any complications from your primary breast augmentation. The overall goal is to restore a youthful breast contour and appearance.
When to Consider Breast Revision
- Your saline breast implants have deflated or an X-ray or MRI suggests your silicone implant has a shell leak
- If you want to change your implant/breast size
- If you have tightening of the scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture) or your breast implants have shifted in position
- If your breast tissue has changed as a result of skin stretching or weight loss/gain
Are You a Good Candidate for Breast Revision?
Even if your breast implant surgery was perfectly planned and beautifully executed, changes can occur over time.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider breast revision:
- You are in good health.
- You are not a smoker.
- You wish to increase or decrease the size of your breasts.
- You wish to correct breast asymmetry.
- You want to address problems that have developed with your implants and/or surrounding breast tissue.
- Pregnancy and/or breast-feeding has changed the appearance of your implants.
- Weight loss or weight gain has negatively affected the appearance of your breast implants.
- You should have undergone a breast lift with your initial augmentation, but did not.
- You are unhappy with the results of previous surgery due to poor implant placement or other aesthetic problems.
- You wish to remove your breast implants permanently.
Contact us today to schedule a breast revision consultation with Dr. Barrett.