It’s crucial to your body and chances are you probably aren’t getting enough of it. We’re talking about magnesium. This extremely important mineral helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady. Magnesium deficiency may also lead to depression, migraines, insulin resistance and diabetes. The benefits, however are numerous, including:
- Reducing stress & promoting rest. Magnesium relaxes muscles and calms nerves by regulating neurotransmitters that can keep you awake
- Heart protection. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, and it’s important in keeping calcium out of tissue and into bones
- Combats Asthma. The muscle-relaxing essential mineral is used in hospitals on asthma patients because of its potential to stop bronchial muscle spasms
- Reduces high blood pressure. Because it relaxes the smooth muscle cells found in your veins and arteries, it can help prevent the constriction of blood flow
- Aids in digestion and helps keep things moving. It’s critical to the digestive process, and magnesium deficiency may lead to constipation-often a common symptom you’re not getting enough
- Protects against diabetes. Magnesium deficiency is associated with a response that contributes to diabetes, making the mineral even more crucial, especially to those at risk
- Promotes bone health. People with healthy levels of magnesium have a higher bone mineral density, which is important in reducing the risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis
There are several natural sources of magnesium, including in green, leafy vegetables, nuts, beans, peas, soybeans and whole-grain cereals. However, considering many people don’t get enough from diet alone, taking a magnesium supplement like Magnesium Breakthrough may be the best way to ensure you have a healthy level of this critical mineral. Hand-picked by Dr. Barrett, it’s essential to his patients during their plastic surgery recovery, as it controls the muscle spasms that can occur post-op, as well as help with constipation from pain medication. It’s a critical part of his personally curated ultimate recovery kit, which he recommends to all his patients to ensure surgical success with the least amount of down time and discomfort possible.
Do you want to learn more about Barrett Plastic Surgery? Keep up to date by subscribing to our blog and following us on social media at Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Realself, YouTube, Snapchat, Yelp, and Facebook for updates.
Thank you for visiting!