People have been turning towards plastic surgery for decades to improve themselves physically and mentally by gaining confidence in their appearance. While plastic surgery in general is far more common than many would think, there are five procedures that are the most popular, and they’re far from surprising.
- Breast augmentation. There are two ways to surgically enhance your breast: A traditional breast augmentation and a fat transfer breast augmentation. When it comes to the most popular, a traditional breast augmentation still wins out, hands down, but it’s helpful to know about both options. A traditional breast augmentation, that is, a breast augmentation with implants, adds volume to the breasts by surgically placing a silicone or saline implant into the breast pocket. A fat transfer breast augmentation is a two-part process that takes excess, unwanted fat from one part of the body through liposuction and injects it into the breast to enhance their size and shape.
- Tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is designed for individuals who desire tight, contoured midsections and offers some of the most dramatic body contouring enhancement, with results that will last a lifetime if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Depending on your unique needs and body, your doctor may tighten underlying muscles while removing tissue, fat and loose skin. A tummy tuck can offer a lot of benefits for the right patient, including a smoother, flatter midsection, tighter abdominal muscles, and a reduction in loose skin around the middle.
- Rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty (often referred to as a nose job or nose surgery) is a surgical procedure that reshapes and restructures the nose. While often done for cosmetic or aesthetic purposes, they are also widely done for medical reasons in order to reconstruct or correct deformities. And many patients who seek nose surgeries for medical reasons also choose to have aesthetic changes made at the same time. A deviated septum, for example, is a common nose correction performed that can improve your breathing, your appearance, and your quality of life all at once.
- Facelift. Facelifts (also known as rhytidectomy) is an amazing procedure that can take years off your face and give you a fresher, younger look. It rejuvenates the face, jowls and neck by lifting and repositioning the muscles, trimming the skin and then re-draping it. It’s performed via an incision is made at the temples, down to the front of the ear, around the earlobe and behind the ear to the lower scalp at the hairline. Facelift plastic surgery can correct issues like mid-face sagging, deep creases under the eyes, deep creases between the nose and mouth, and loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw.
- Necklift. Similar to a facelift, a necklift (also known as a lower rhytidectomy), is a procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck. It’s an ideal procedure for those who are happy with the upper part of their face, but have noticeable or excess wrinkling of the skin on their neck, a double chin, and jowl lines. Necklift plastic surgery can correct issues like excess fat and loss of elasticity in the lower face (what creates jowls), loose skin, and excess fat under the chin.
Do you want to learn more about Barrett Plastic Surgery? Keep up to date by subscribing to our blog and following us on social media at Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Realself, YouTube, Snapchat, Yelp, and Facebook for updates.
Thank you for visiting!