You know the saying, “You only get one chance to make a first impression.” The face is the primary thing people notice when you walk into a room. It’s why we spend so much time pampering it and having a symmetrical appearance makes us even more attractive. When the face, especially the chin and neck, becomes out of balance because of aging, there is no way to hide it. Neck liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure addressing the lower face by removing accumulated fat to give you a polished jawline and improve your appearance. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Daniel Barrett has much experience restoring the neckline.
What is Neck Liposuction?
Patients receive a young profile by removing submental fat from the chin and neck with lipo. Dr. Barrett prefers the safe technique of regular power-assisted liposuction instead of the laser lipo to eliminate the problems such as burning from the laser’s tip hitting a vital structure. Small incisions under the chin on both sides of the face or behind the ears are required for a slim cannula to remove stubborn fat. The procedure can be in conjunction with other techniques, like a facelift, chin implant, or facial rejuvenation with facial fat grafting.
How Does Neck Lipo Work?
- Neck contouring is an outpatient procedure and needs roughly 30 minutes to complete under general anesthesia.
- Recuperation time is minimal with minor pain and slight inflammation.
- You’re able to return to the comfort of your home soon after.
- Dissolvable stitches are used to close the incisions.
- You will wear a compression strap around your chin for a few days to help heal and lessen post-operative symptoms.
- Swelling and discoloration will be gone within ten days.
- After seven days, you can wear make-up to hide blemishes.
- Most patients return to regular activities in 2-3 days.
- Patients return to fitness routines in about two weeks.
Dr. Barrett will give you thorough instructions on caring for your treatment area after surgery during your consultation.
Will You Benefit from Liposuction of the Neck?
Being a suitable candidate for liposuction of the neck depends on your genetics, beauty goals, and wants. The procedure is a good option for people desiring a further defined jawline to enhance their profile. If you have a “double chin” yet are average weight, have some skin laxity, are in good physical and mental health, then contouring your neck is an ideal option. The procedure tends to work better on younger patients (20-40 years old) who have more robust skin elasticity.
Stop smoking well before your neck liposuction procedure because nicotine hinders healing and can cause unreasonable discoloration or excessive bleeding. Also, understanding chin liposuction will only improve your jawline to a certain extent, so having realistic expectations is important.
Why Neck Liposuction Is A Good Idea
Sometimes, we can do nothing about where stubborn fat accumulates on our bodies without a bit of help. The advantages of chin lipo can be a suitable fit for the right person. A few of the gains you might encounter include:
- You will look younger in under an hour.
- An improved jaw and neckline profile from removing excess fat.
- Practically no side effects.
- Short post-op downtime with minimal, if any, scarring.
- Removes a “double chin.”
- It reduces neck wrinkles from having tighter skin along the jawline.
Moving Forward with Neck Liposuction
If you’re ready to remove the effects of aging along the lower face and rid yourself of that annoying double chin, take the first step and schedule a consultation by filling out the form on our Book an Appointment page today, or call us at (310) 598-2648. Barrett Plastic Surgery of Beverly Hills is in Los Angeles, CA, and proudly treats patients in the sounding areas and the United States.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Liposuction of neck
Neck 200 cc
Female, 43 yo, Caucasian
Liposuction of neck